The roof is the first, and most important line of defense for your home. Damage to your roof can allow water to leak through into your attic which can cause damage to items, cause water damage within your ceiling, walls, and floors, and create health problems for your family by causing mold and mildew. Keeping an eye on your roof and practicing routine maintenance is the best way to keep from running into these problems.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET MY ROOF INSPECTED
The PB Roofing and Exterior recommends checking your roof during spring and fall to identify potential problems, after hail and wind storm. You need to know the condition of your roof. We’ll help you to understand what areas of concern exist, if any. And, we’ll provide you with photos and explanations of what’s happening on your roof. Our full report can also help you with any insurance needs you may have.
A good roof inspection will address the following components:
- An examination of the overall appearance and surface of the roof.
- Evidence of ceiling cracks and leaks inside your home.
- Condition of fascia, gutters and drains, skylights, chimneys and roof vents.
- Curled, broken or missing shingles.
- Areas where water may collect, like roof valleys.
- Damaged or missing flashing points.
- Checking inside the attic for insulation and ventilation, and searching for moisture and mold.